Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

NEW GUILDED OUT! Everybody get and install this now!

Elofax
Holy Assassin of Elune
The much-anticipated recode of Guilded just came out (get it from our Addons forum). This is just an amazing addon now, and I hope we'll adopt it as thoroughly as we have CTRaid and abandon Leftovers as is for a Guilded channel. In the meantime, I'll set up a new Guilded channel called LOs, no password, and hope to see you all there soon!

Elofax
Holy Assassin of Elune
For those of you running Horde on Maelstrom, I'll run the same Guilded channel there too.

Elofax
Holy Assassin of Elune
IMPORTANT: For those of you who previously had Guilded, you need to go into your WTF/Account/[Accountname]/SavedVariables folder and delete every Guilded file in there before loading the new Guilded or you will get nasty LUA errors and have to Alt-F4.

Alrix
What's new?

Alrix
quote:
Originally posted by Elofax:
I hope we'll adopt it as thoroughly as we have CTRaid and abandon Leftovers as is for a Guilded channel.

I agree. I love it how TRS members can join our channel to see if we know if Kazzak/Azuregos is up, and if we're forming, then leave the channel with that information. Only making them rush to get there. Totally unfair. =/

A channel PW wouldn't help either. We don't have a members only forum to make sure only LO members get LO channel info or TS info, for example.

It's just something we're cursed with.

xerph
Default Avatar
<The Rising Shadow>
quote:
I love it how TRS members can join our channel to see if we know if Kazzak/Azuregos is up

um, TRS does *NOT* use the leftovers channel as a way to get info on the world bosses. We have people camping the two zones virtually non stop anywhere remotely close to his expected spawn times, and chances are if another group sees Az/Kazzak spawn we're either

1) already in the process of mobilizing

or

2) know about it and simply don't care, which was the case with the Azuregos spawn on Thursday. We saw him spawn a little after midnight and people were simply too tired to care so we ignored him this round and let the other groups have a shot.

Alrix
Nah. I've definitly seen it happen at least once or twice in the past. No offense Xerph. I'm just saying, it's definitly happened and more people than me have noticed it. Although it might not always happen, it does.

Not trying to start drama here. And i'm not saying that TRS uses the channel to get info if they are up or not. TRS uses it to see if we know, so they can take their time, since Silence and Afterlight don't really seem to care about the world bosses.

Like the one time after a MC raid.. it was late, like 3am my time, and Azuregos came up, it was late (pretty recent, the one with bajillions of people there) once the word started spreading, someone i'd never seen before joined, and then once some people said things like "Invite me!", he left, I did a /who, and he/she was from TRS.

Not complaining. I'm just saying, it's what happens.

Which is why I think switching to guilded would be a good idea. Big Grin

xerph
Default Avatar
<The Rising Shadow>
If we decide to go after a boss we mobilize as fast as we can regardless of any of the other groups' actions.

However, at least the times I've been online and noticed a trs person in the lo channel, they didn't say anything about it in guild chat so your guess is as good as mine as to what they were doing.

I remember the Az fight you were talking about though. I think it was the one where silverhand raiders gave it a shot and became a clump of stains on the snow =P I spotted him myself that night though and got the guild moving without even glancing at my LO window. (remember, I keep alts by both boss spawn points for easy spotting)

Still, its fair that you'd want a more private venue for things like that regardless, since that's one big advantage that guilds have over a public channel. *shrug*

I've just seen an alarming number of retarded conspiracy theories lately and wanted to make it clear that whatever the people were doing in the LO channel (I'm going to ask them tonight), we don't change our strategy or speed based on other groups' actions.

Cordova
Default Avatar
After we watched TRS take down Azuregos the other week, I saw a TRS fellow whom i've never seen in LO channel before leave the channel. We had 30 or so people before TRS showed up and still managed to attack him first. It does make me wonder. No offense at all Xerph so please dont think im attacking you... but how do you know the people you say are camping there waiting for Az or Kazz to spawn dont just keep /leftovers open to find out info? Not saying it's happening, but it's definitely a posibility.
Just my .02

xerph
Default Avatar
<The Rising Shadow>
quote:
Originally posted by Cordova:
how do you know the people you say are camping there waiting for Az or Kazz to spawn dont just keep /leftovers open to find out info?

Because 90% of the time I'm the one camping them =P

I honestly can't answer as to what they were doing in the channel, but for that specific encounter I spotted him with my Azuregos watching alt ("HordeAlt", you can see his body lying on the side of a hill =P), reported it to the guild, summoned in 20 people and killed him.

I'm sure the others weren't in there for purely social reasons (I'm the only one I know of that talks to people), but I know for that specific instance they didn't pass any info back in guild chat or on our vent server.

And I know nobody's attacking me, I wouldn't think that you were, and don't blame anybody at all for being cautious, I've just got this really tricky position where I have friends on both sides and I'm trying to present an objective assessment of what I know to clear up any (what I believe to be) misinformation.

Alisia
Now with 100% more height
My question is... is it still supporting one channel only?
-- 
Ghostcrawler: "Rogue talents are hard because the class is ultimately very mathy."

Ghostcrawler is secretly Barbie?