Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

New CTRA Features

Krystan
Default Avatar
quote:
  • Buffs & Debuffs no longer use the chat channel. This was a rather major change as it cuts the amount of channel 'spam' down to a very low amount. All buffs and debuffs are sent through the UI now, and as long as the player is using 1.4+, buff timers will still function as they did before. With this change, we're hoping the crashes experienced by some users in Warsong Gulch are no more.
  • Target Management System - The new target management system allows you to set up to 10 players as main tanks (or warlocks in the case of Garr) and assign targets to them with ease. Instead of going through the hassle of having hunters mark, priests MV, or simply 'guess-targeting' multiple mobs, you can target one and instantly tell if any of the MT's assigned has it targeted. With a simple to use and compact GUI, assigning a target takes a matter of seconds; and if a tank loses their target, it's just as easy to reassign it.
  • Additional Raid Queries - /raitem, /razone, /raresists - primarily useful for raid leaders to instantly get more information about players in their raid.
  • Zul'Gurub Boss Mods - The first 4 bosses in ZG have had alerts added to the ZG boss mods section.

GET CTRA HERE!

Was reading this and thought that the Target Management System would be one very helpful additions, expecially with BWL bosses and issues there.

Thoughts?

Tenatia
Warlock/Caster Lead Emeritus
Are they saying that the Raid leader can actually make players target who they want? Or does just it report who's targeting the mob you are?
-- 
Tenatia Saendar Demonology || Grimjim Stonebreaker Protection
Decatia Saendar Unholy/Blood || Pietro Loyallar Discipline || Windom Stormbrew Elemental

Dher
Stabby lazerbeams pew pew
I have trouble with the current CTMod determining who's targeting what, in the case of multiple mobs with the same name...

Jorlana
TOTEMSTOTEMSTOTEMS
I believe they mean that the leader can make a tank pick up a certain target, which will be insanely helpful for multiple add fights such as Garr.

Galthron
Web Dude & LE
The description makes it sound more like the leaders can say, "Hey, you should be targeting this," as opposed to, "Hey, you are being forced to target this right now."

Prolly a third column on the MTT display.... What they're targeting, what they should be targeting...
-- 
Is your face on fire? No? Here, let me help with that...

Thalin
Funny I've never had any problems targeting off of the MT buttons....

>_>

<_<
-- 
*the wheelchair*

Dher
Stabby lazerbeams pew pew
quote:
Originally posted by Thalin:
Funny I've never had any problems targeting off of the MT buttons....

>_>

<_<

I suppose if I click on all of them and find the one that's not selected...

Thalin
Sorry Dheriana, that wasn't a smart ass comment aimed at you, one time I grabbed my Firewalker selection off of an MT button like I usually do. Well on that particular pull the MT in question had the firewalker selected from the wrong pack. So The pull happened and I sent in Kuma, my bear. He got lost in the foray, as he usually does, and I thought nothing of it until the raid wiped when the second lava pack converged on us.

And the moral of the story is, Don't soley rely on assist buttons to get your target and always double check!
-- 
*the wheelchair*

Brian
Default Avatar
Other than the space and shift bars, the largest button on my keyboard is the keypad plus (=) button. This is the button bound to pet passive. I call it emergency recall.

The number one rule of Hunt Club is never talk about Hunt Club.

The number two rule of Hunt Club is always maintain line of sight with your pet.

I always break rule number one, but I never break rule number two. If there is any doubt I do an emergency recall.

- Tallivai