Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

[WoW] Charter Application Form and Guidance

Zasziden
Clothing Optional Curmudgeon
How to apply for a Charter!

Welcome to Leftovers! Follow these steps to apply for your new charter:

1) Have all prospective Leads read the current Leftovers Loot Policies document.
Located here: http://leftoversraiding.org/index.php/static/78174/wow-leftovers-loot-policies.html

As Charter Leads, you're going to have to know the Leftovers Loot Policies. You're responsible for being upfront and clear about the policies with your raiders, whether using LOP basics or ones unique to your charter (whether CD or LOLCATs). Being familiar with the policies prevents being caught unprepared and avoids mistakes. So please, help us to help you, and get comfortable with the loot system before volunteering to run raids using it.

2) Fill out the form below and post it as a new topic to this forum.
The best way to do this is to copy the next post (the blank copy) and paste it into a new Topic in this forum.

The title of the Topic should be "Charter Application: (your charter's name)"

Answer each and every question, unless otherwise noted. These questions should be answered as they would pertain to your first few months of Charter existence. Any later large modifications and addendum to your charter (such as leadership or adjustments in loot policies) can be filed and approved later if needed.

3) After the app is posted as a stand-alone topic, have each of your proposed charter lead post the following: "I have read and understand the Leftovers Loot Policies and those specific to our charter. /signed". Remember, the form will not be considered completed until each and every proposed lead has /signed. So don't forget! : )

From there, your charter will be reviewed by the WoW Team. The Team usually consider the following factors:
A. Is a prospective charter lead banned from LO or has proven that they are not capable of handling leadership responsibilities?
B. Are there enough people, along with what is being brought in and the likely recruiting increase, that we wouldn't starve both the new and old charters by adding slotting competition?
C. Do the charter applicants seem to fully understand and be willing to follow the the LO loot policies?
D. Are the charter-specific policies clear and reasonable?

There are others, but these are the biggies. However, if any application question is not answered adequately, the Team will contact the prospective Charter about clarifying their application. While some questions may seem pointless, they have a purpose - and all should be answered. But, rest assured, we will try to speed the application through the process as quickly as they can.

That said - here we go!

quote:

*Start your copy here*

Please answer each question carefully:

I. Required Info

This first section is the required for all WoW charters, whether LOP and/or LOLCAT

Application Basics
1. Charter Name:
Please double check spelling.

2. Destination:
What instance or instances do you plan to raid with this charter? 10-man, 25-man, or both? Current tier, prior tiers, or all of the above?

3. Leads:
Taking into consideration that all charters require 2 leads (4 are strongly recommended for 25mans), please provide the following information for each proposed lead:

a) LO Forum Name: Please be exact, and also please list this information FIRST for each lead.
b) Character names: Include all characters that the player spends any significant time playing.
c) One in-game reference: (other than someone else on this charter app, if possible)
d) Prior leading and raiding experience: both LO and non-LO
e) The role the player will be taking within the Charter’s Leadership: (example: "tank lead")

4. Schedule
What is your prospective raiding schedule? What days of the week, how many times a week/month, etc.

5. Core Makeup
How many raiders do you already have towards making your raid viable? How many raiders NEW to LO do you expect your charter to bring in? Please include a rough breakdown of how many healer/tank/melee/ranged you already have lined up.

6. Will you desire an LO Forum for your Charter? y/n

Charter Description

1. Type:
Horde/Alliance? Will you be running LOP, LOLCATs, or both? Also, is this a Guild Based Charter? (Y/N) If so, please provide the Guild Name and the Guild Leader’s name.

2. Charter Background/Mission Statement:
Please provide a description of your Charter’s mission in this organization. This short description should provide raiders an idea of what your goals are and how you intend to achieve them. You may also include some history behind the charter and its name here.

3. Attitude and Personality
Please provide raiders a short statement of the attitude, level of dedication and personality of the raid itself, as well as any rules about language or behavior.

Slotting Guidelines Tell the prospective raiders how you decide on who gets slotted, how they can improve their chances, etc.

1. Raid Makeup
Describe your ideal raid makeup (by role). Include how you prefer to split groups or designate certain duties. (Example: 25-man: 4 tanks, 7 healers, 8 ranged dps, 6 melee dps)

2. Slotting
a) Preferences: Who has slotting preference? (regulars, guild members, new people, other groups?)
b) Requirements: What do you want to see in slotted raiders? (gear level, experience, flasks, consumables, etc.)

3. Pre-Raid Contact
Many charters greatly appreciate a new raider sending their CLs a PM, letting them know what experience they have, what shortcomings they might need help overcoming, etc. Any particular questions you might ask of a potential raider?

Raid-time Information Things your raiders should know ahead of start time

1. Standby and raid start info
a) Invites start at: How early do you expect raiders to be online?
b) Standbys are pulled in at: At what point will you begin replacing raiders with standbys?
c) Standbys should check in by: How do you expect raiders to check in? (private whisper, lostandby channel, other channel?)
d) Standbys will be notified by: How will you notify standby raiders that all slots are now taken?
e) Other: Any other info regarding raid start/first pull you would like to provide to raiders?

2. What in-game chat channels should raiders join for their raid designations?
Please either include these names, or outline how you will get these channels to the appropriate raiders prior to raid.

3. What Voice Server/Channel should raiders join?
Examples: The free LO Server and charter channel, a custom guild Vent server/channel, etc. All Charters may request a TS3 channel for their charter. If Custom Server, provide the type (so raiders can have proper programs installed) and how you will get the raiders the appropriate information prior to raid, or simply include it directly here.

II. Leftovers Points

This section only needs be completed by charters intending on running LOP raids (whether exclusively or alongside LOLCAT raids)

Charter Discretion

Charters have a lot of leeway to handle certain categories of items. The only requirements that we place on them are as found in section II of the LO Loot Policies.

Please use this space to describe how your will handle the following.

• Epic Equipment (BoP or BoE) that is not awarded via standard LOP bidding: Melted, collected, or something else
  • Rare or lower equipment and Tradeskill Items Recall that if no Charter Discretion for these exists, they are to be distributed via a /roll among all raiders interested.
  • Non-equipment Items: Vanity Items (Mounts, Pets, Tabards, etc), Patterns, Bags, or Bags o' Greed (ex.- Sartharion's Satchel of Spoils): Feel free to separate these out

III. Leftovers Loot Council Action Team

This section only needs be completed by charters intending on running LOLCATs raids (whether exclusively or alongside LOP runs).

LOLCATs Homebrew Policies

Detail how all loot will be distributed. These policies should be adequately detailed for a new raider to understand, and should allow for even a new raider to have a reasonable expectation of gaining loot.
-- 
FIXME: http://www.sententia.net/inprogress/zaszSig.png

Lead for Clothing Optional. Chances are still good that I don't know what I'm talking about.
Would you like a free week of SW:TOR subscription? Use my referral!
I tend the LO TeamSpeak. If you want info, PM me.
  Zasziden edited this message on Wednesday September 26, 2012 at 13:43  
Zasziden
quote:

Please answer each question carefully:
*Start your copy here*

I. Required Info

Application Basics
1. Charter Name:

2. Destination:

3. Leads:
Please provide the following information for each proposed lead:

a) LO Forum Name:
b) Character names:
c) One in-game reference:
d) Prior leading and raiding experience:
e) The role the player will be taking within the Charter’s Leadership:

4. Schedule

5. Core Makeup

6. Will you desire an LO Forum for your Charter?

Charter Description

1. Type:

2. Charter Background/Mission Statement:

3. Attitude and Personality

Slotting Guidelines

1. Raid Makeup

2. Slotting
a) Preferences:
b) Requirements:

3. Pre-Raid Contact

Raid-time Information

1. Standby and raid start info
a) Invites start at:
b) Standbys are pulled in at:
c) Standbys should check in by:
d) Standbys will be notified by:
e) Other:

2. What in-game chat channels should raiders join for their raid designations?

3. What Voice Server/Channel should raiders join?

II. Leftovers Points

Charter Discretion

Charters have a lot of leeway to handle certain categories of items. The only requirements that we place on them are as found in section II of the LO Loot Policies.

Please use this space to describe how your will handle the following.

• Epic Equipment (BoP or BoE) that is not awarded via standard LOP bidding:
  • Rare or lower equipment and Tradeskill Items
  • Non-equipment Items: Vanity Items (Mounts, Pets, Tabards, etc), Patterns, Bags, or Bags o' Greed (ex.- Sartharion's Satchel of Spoils):

III. Leftovers Loot Council Action Team

LOLCATs Homebrew Policies

Detail how all loot will be distributed. These policies should be adequately detailed for a new raider to understand, and should allow for even a new raider to have a reasonable expectation of gaining loot.
-- 

Lead for Clothing Optional. Chances are still good that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Zasziden
Finally, if you see any mistakes or unclear portions of this document, please let me know. If you have any questions, feel free to ask those here.

Thanks!
-- 

Zasziden
Once approved, charters will be quoted in their entirety by one of the WoW Team members. Any changes to the charter from that point onward must go through the Charter Revision process (which we'll have up shortly, but essentially is just the CLs telling us what they're changing and signing off on it).
-- 

[Topic Closed]