This topic has 69 posts over 5 pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Knatreznap
My Favorite Saying
why do we get to kill him?
-- 
FIXME: http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/44d898fef71e005d.png

Fenrys
Sooo Cute!
Usual story. He gets corrupted by something.
-- 
"A Buddhist monk, visiting New York City for the first time in twenty years, walked up to a hot dog vendor, handed him a twenty dollar bill, and said, "Make me one with everything."

The vendor pocketed the money, and handed the Buddhist monk his hot dog. The monk, after waiting for a moment, asked for his change. The vendor looked at him and said, "Change comes from within." With a wistful smile, the monk walked away." ~Unknown

Aedaron
Mod Squad: Doc
He gets corrupted by power. As far as they've said, he just becomes a tyrannical and evil dictator. I would be surprised if there was anything magical about it.

Bregor
Vive le autoloader!
quote:
Originally posted by Aedaron:
He gets corrupted by power. As far as they've said, he just becomes a tyrannical and evil dictator. I would be surprised if there was anything magical about it.

Is Metzen still in charge of the story? Wouldn't surprise me at all.
-- 
FIXME: http://1stcav.net/sig2@1000536190@com@2@1@11111111001111@1111111000001@01110@us@0.png

Zeleo
Default Avatar
I'm not really impressed with anything I've read so far about the game. This whole expansion just seems so out of place and far-fetched that I think it's really pushing a lot of WoW players away. The female panda model looks lolridiculous and the zones are meh at best. Hate to say it, but it looks like Blizzard might be raising the hammer for the last nail in the proverbial coffin.

kaeble
Default Avatar
I will be more into WoW if they go to the Burning Legion storyline. I would have preferred that over the MoP expansion. What would have been better was to put this as one zone instead of the whole expansion.
-- 
I have nothing.

Alaunt
Not all who Wander are Lost
quote:
Originally posted by kaeble:
I will be more into WoW if they go to the Burning Legion storyline. I would have preferred that over the MoP expansion. What would have been better was to put this as one zone instead of the whole expansion.

Yeah I'd like to see more of the Legion storyline as well, although I imagine Blizzard might be "saving" some of that for the final endgame.

I think some parts of MoP look interesting - here's hoping they take the opportunity they said they did not have in Cataclysm (as they devoted a lot of resources to remaking Azeroth) to work on some of the game mechanics a bit more.

Zasziden
Clothing Optional Curmudgeon
I'm surprised no one has tried to off Garrosh yet. I sense a coup by Abesik Campfire.

Apart from that, I suspect we'll see inklings of the Burning Legions in the middle of next expansion, as I suspect they're saving Sargeras to play the big bad of the final 95-100 expansion. Part of me suspects we may see Azshara in this one, or more likely in the 90-95 one, in some form or another. Apart from those two, though, they've burned all their characters from the back story of the RTS games. I see this one as a way to try and build something new. They've just got to make it fun for folks, and they'll play. Part of me thinks they've realized that not everyone considers the same things "fun" and I'm glad that they're introducing new Battleground mechanics, more ways of gaining achievements, having the in-game flexing of PvE achievement with the Challenge modes or whatever. I'm fine with the Pandaren, I think they look infinitely better than the worgen. I'm also interested in seeing just how rich the landscape appears. I wasn't expecting them to introduce farming, but part of me likes that better than fishing for feast components.

I realize that not everyone is going to enjoy it, and that's fine. I think I might. If not, I'm also hoping that Guild Wars 2 does well.
-- 
FIXME: http://www.sententia.net/inprogress/zaszSig.png

Lead for Clothing Optional. Chances are still good that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Deavan
Default Avatar
Excerpts from MMO Champion:
  • Raid tiers should last roughly four months, with content updates also coming between the larger raid updates. This could mean we would see a patch every two months or so.
  • Blizzard will be revisiting the shared 10 and 25 man lockout to make sure it is still the right thing.
  • Mounts are on the list of things to be made account wide, either at launch or a patch soon after.
There was more there, but these caught my attention. The first item is "I'll believe it when I see it" - after all haven't they been promising regular patches more often for a while now?
-- 
Bring to me all of my arrows
Bring to me my crossbow too
I fear we might need them both
Before the night is through

Mendomain
The Deep Thinker
Yeah I agree with the meh factor to MoP. Pandaran were a cool idea, but really the pedobear smiles they gave the females give me the creeps, and the kung fu panda men are a bit out there. I mean hell from what I read on MMO champ the end boss of MoP is....Garrosh? really? lame.

Then again after cata it doesnt seem like there is much drive to continue anyway. Hell they recycled Nef into a big undead dragon thing, we killed rags (again), We defeated deathwing and the aspects gave up their power to experience "the age of mortals". next expac is making me wonder who else they are going to recycle. Old bosses upgraded are still old bosses.

heck they are inventing continents now. What next? a Massive new continent half the size of the world, that we "overlooked" where you run around killing 12 boars for a lost expedition only to discover that something as powerful as the universe is about to destroy the world and only YOU the player can save the day. But only after you spend weeks and weeks getting weapons this omnipotent being has left randomly about,on random bosses, so that some twit who is drooling, or stumbling about can pick it up and manage to slay him.

I don't know about you all but having these repeated bosses who make the mistake of hubris and leaving superweapons laying about haphazardly to give "heros" the chance to kill him is retarded. I mean really, who in their right mind, good or bad, would actually do that! Its like telling teens fresh to college that if they get their degree they will of course INSTANTLY get that job that pays them 6 digits. (yes they do that, my profs have done it near daily, to my utter horror. to quote illidan "you are not prepared")

What would be a huge draw, at least to me, that to get the end game weapons/armor you did massive quests. Of course you would have to gear up in heroics just to START the quests. Otherwise progression would go from hitting max level to getting epics. We had that in wrath, don’t need it again. These Quests would not require you to have a certain profession,just some time, a group or two, and dedication.

And none of them require you to step into a raid or instance. Just lots and lots of traveling, and summoned boss battles. This would be for the first raid only though. it would assure that the raid was properly geared. Because the raid would be tuned so that you were completely geared out before stepping foot in there. That way your not carrying anyone. Again just my opinion. I mean hell what would be more epic than that? You have found in a cave an ancient breastplate, its scarred surface is dire need of repair. However you must first find someone who can reforge said piece. Beside it you notice the skeleton of a ancient dwarven smith. Noticing the etching upon his hammer you realize its from the dark iron dwarves. Then you get sent to say black rock mountain and have to dip the breastplate in the molten lake while battling off angry lava elementals. That would be cool >.>

Would my idea make heroics obsolete? Yeah it would. However it would clean up the LFG to the point that it would make it fun again. Shortly after cata launched we were seeing the elitism of the gear whores in heroics. Oh you have never been here before? /boot. Dude cata has been out less than a week! So, you wernt doing heroics the second day, you must suck.

http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html bliz needs to read this and then make a boss accordingly. And when people cry nerf tell them to stuff it and learn for a change.

edited for clarity
edit two: yes I got the majority of my idea from the lvl 30 warrior class quest to get the armor pieces. IF you hunted around a bit you find out that you can get a full 8 piece set from doing it.
-- 
Death used to be a bad thing in wow, now, my death makes sure things become an assured win. Funny that....
  Mendomain edited this message on Tuesday March 20, 2012 at 11:59  
Zasziden
Interesting list of short things compiled by MMO-champ:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2688-Other-Press-Tour-Interviews-A-Night-in-Mists-of-Pandaria-Blue-Posts-MoP-Screenshot

Including a short list of nifty druid minor glyphs, mention of some profession bits, talk of Jaina going a bit reckless and Garrosh being corrupted while doing "bad things below Orgrimmar". If you remember, there are demons and such below Org, so that may well be your tie back to the Legion. There's a lot of strength in demon blood, and he is Grom's son.

Also world bosses and awesome shaman abilities.
-- 

Lead for Clothing Optional. Chances are still good that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Zasziden
Also, it wouldn't surprise me if we see a start to the closed beta within the next couple of weeks.
-- 

Mendomain
The Deep Thinker
A new minor glyph that changes a druid's travel form into a white stag has been added. Other players can ride you while in this form.

so many things I could say to this, all of them dirty of course
-- 
Death used to be a bad thing in wow, now, my death makes sure things become an assured win. Funny that....

Chansobal
Default Avatar
Protpvpenthusiast
So much doom and gloom. Bubblehearth is back. Nuff said.
-- 
FIXME: http://i49.tinypic.com/mtt5di.png FIXME: http://i.imgur.com/Y8OAP.pngFIXME: http://i.imgur.com/Am8Cl.png

Aedaron
Mod Squad: Doc
I think it all sounds great. If you will remember, the Draenei came out of nowhere too. The whole expansion of BC was a weird, disjointed adventure in space. While it did tie into some storylines about the dark portal, there wasn't really any lead up to it from Vanilla WoW. Vanilla WoW didn't have a unifying story or theme, it was all about exploring the world and just finding stuff to do. I'm excited because they've stated one of their goals is to give this expansion more of that feeling.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5