Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

Razorgore Kiting

Skor_Taran
Default Avatar
NE Hunter 225 FR 300 Enchanter 300 Dragonscale Leatherworker
Ok, one thing that we need to start instituting (imho) is that if a healer pulls aggro (*), they need to start kiting as if they were a warrior. Actually, check that - _ANYONE_ who pulls aggro from a mob that they are not directly controlling needs to be ready to start kiting. Ideally, match a warrior's kite path so that you can be saved by the warrior's piercing howl and, hopefully, the warrior will eventually peel the add off of you, but _EVERYONE_, regardless of the job they are doing in this encounter, should be prepared to switch to kiting if they ever pull aggro.

Dead characters do no good. Kiting characters are alive characters.

* I think, if we have everyone attempt to be as self-sufficient with healing as possible so as to minimize the healing aggro that healers will pull, this should be a minimal problem, at worst. But, it is worth mentioning because we know it's likely to still happen.

Skor_Taran
Default Avatar
NE Hunter 225 FR 300 Enchanter 300 Dragonscale Leatherworker
As a follow up to my own post, I would suggest _EVERYONE_ who is required to do any kiting, as well as the entire raid, should people be forced into kiting, consider getting minor runspeed enchants on a pair of boots. The run speed boost is pretty minor (10%, I believe), but it is more than enough to keep you ahead of virtually all melee attackers in the Razorgore encounter.

Kylearan
O.o
Kite clockwise too... I had one pretty futile kiting attempt into oncoming traffic-> Cleave=DEAD.
-- 
Zemmy ||| Kylearan

Thalin
Just to add to the post, everyone who has been participating in this encounter please be farming whipper root tubers in Felwood, stocking up on health potions and runecloth bandages, etc... Any healing you recieve you should be planning on doing yourself, with some small exceptionsBig Grin
-- 
*the wheelchair*