Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

My Razorgore Start + Prep Help

Plato
Default Avatar
Mediation Team Arcane mage
I have been meaning to post this but didnt get around to it until now.

My idea for an easy way through the eggs section of the Razorgore encounter is to use "The Big One"s an engineering explosive to stun lock all of the mobs. Each bomb will disorient all the mobs within a 10 yard radius for 5 seconds.

My plan would be to do this; We start normally with everyone on the razoregore side fighting to keep mobs down for the first 90s. (The first control period) After that a Paladin would take the orb position razorgore in a central area and fireball.
As soon as all the mobs were around Razoregore engineers would start taking turns throwing bombs at them every 5 seconds. Thus keeping them stun locked for the rest of the encounter. If control was ever lost we could simply repeat the fireball process.

I have estimated that 60 bombs (300 seconds of stun time) should be sufficent to destroy all the eggs after the the 90s seconds of regular control time.

At this time I have created 120 of these bombs which I intend to create 200 of for our first attempt. <If this strat works we sould not need more than 60 per try which is much more managable in the long run> Anyhow I have run a bit low on reasources and could use some help. There are three items I need help getting.

Did not work please dont send anymore

*updated*
1. 0 gallons of Goblin Rocket Fuel
2. 0 Mithril Bars
3. 0 Solid Stone

Major thanks to Kylerean for the Mithril and Solid Stone

I can afford to pay a smaller portion of fair market prices, (Spent 130g so far) for these materials but anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

Feel free to post any comments on production or the strategy.
-- 
Bring a mage to a tank fight.

Elofax
Holy Assassin of Elune
I'll try to get some mithril/solid stone farming in for you before Wednesday, Plato.

xerph
Default Avatar
<The Rising Shadow>
That's a really interesting idea. Can't wait to hear how it goes =P

Sarline
Default Avatar
LOL thats a great idea. Good luck with the bomb squad

Non
Norre Athem
its a 60 sec cooldown so you would need at least 12 engineers to make it work. Smiler wont they become immune to stun? (never been there so I dont know)
-- 
The multiplying villanies of nature
Do swarm upon him...
Disdaining fortune, with his brandish'd steel,
Which smoked with bloody execution
-=Non=-

Trilian
Default Avatar
Hunny bunny.
I have a lot of Solid Stone lying around, remind me to pass it on to you. I need to clean out my bank anyway.

Cordova
Default Avatar
<----Engineer

Alisia
Now with 100% more height
The one question I have, is, are bombs sleep or a stun, and would the stun be susceptible to diminishing returns?

I'm also an engineer and would be willing to help with this.

But then, another part of me wonders about all those masterwork target dummies that Jaerith made for Ragnaros attempts, and whether they're still around or would be helpful in this fight.
-- 
Ghostcrawler: "Rogue talents are hard because the class is ultimately very mathy."

Ghostcrawler is secretly Barbie?

Ozarinn
Muh-nah muhnah!
I happen to have a small stockpile of goblin rocket fuel that I've been saving for arson purposes. I mean, a rainy day. Yes, rainy day.

You're welcome to my spare stack of 20 rocket fuel, certainly. I'll mail it off when ... you know ... the world is back.

Plato
Default Avatar
In my experience with LO I am pretty sure any LO raid group will have more than 12 engineers.

I do not believe disorients are subject to diminishing returns or that the mobs in question are immune but I dont think anyone has ever tested to be sure.
-- 

Aznamir
Default Avatar
Well.. that's a very expensive strategy to fight Razorgore. Usually people resort to kiting. It works very well.

Plato
Default Avatar
In the long run if we resort to doing this all the time it would cost about 20g per attempt (much more expensive this time because I was buying things mostly from the AH) which is less than the cost of FR potions for Rags
-- 

Alrix
I want to kite them!

Galfuric, keep me healed.

Ingolf
Default Avatar
32nd Degree Platypus
It's not a stun, it's more like a very short-lived Sap effect - any damage breaks it. Also, the act of throwing the bombs itself takes a second or so, timing this will be pretty difficult.

It's certainly worth trying of course. It might be a useful adjucnt to other established strategies if nothing else.