Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

Ragnaros preparation!!!

This topic has 16 posts over 2 pages: 1 2
Thalin
I understand the need to gather FR gear for this battle. I also understand the need for Fire protection potions. However, I believe there are some things we are lacking that we should all be carrying in our bags evertime we fight rags.

First off the tanks should be using this:

Flask of the Titans

Mages:

Flask of Supreme Power

Healers:

Flask of Distilled Wisdom

Rogues and Hunters :

Possibly the Flask of the Titans like the tanks, combined with Elixir of the Mongoose

With this additional boost to health our tanks, rogues and hunters should be quite safe with their Fire Resist gear. With healers having that extra mana, there will be less worry about them running out. With Mages, Rogues and Hunters having a substantial increase in dps I think we could get him down to 50% easily before the sons or maybe even lower.

It seems to me as though these flasks were designed for this encounter! If it's a matter of getting the recipes, I say we begin weekly farming runs for these as they will prove invaluable for big encounters.

Please post here if you have one of these recipes. We will most certainly need to aquire any of recipes we don't have. Possibly set up some farming raids to get these to drop. Anyhow, once a list of the recipes comes up and who has them, we can begin a concerted effort to gather ingredients, manufacture potions and flasks and send them over to the LO bank for our Rags attempts.

You all do want your pants right?
-- 
*the wheelchair*

Alrix
I can make the mongoose ones... Frowner

Never bothered getting flask recipes, since it always required Herbalism, and I never bothered with it... now that Black Lotus's will not be BoP I should probably pick them up, though.

Epo
Default Avatar
More DPS than your raid combined!
Flask of Distilled Wisdom dropped for me and my guild a few weeks back. I sold it on the AH, and IIRC, it was sold to Rhintalle. Might want to speak with him to be sure.

Seems like a good idea, once we're confident enough to give Rag a good fight. Flasks can be expensive and tedious to make, and if you die, so does the flask. =/

Somatra
Default Avatar
Sexy.
I've been trying to get those flask recipes for quite awhile but they have yet to drop for me :|

The only Flask I can make is Chromatic Resistance which gives you +25 to all resists for 2 hours.

If people want to help me farm Drakk, Balnazzar, and Ras for them, that'd be great Big Grin

Or... If someone else already has them, that'd work too. =P
-- 
FIXME: http://home.comcast.net/~sirrian/WoW/papslayer.jpg

Plato
Default Avatar
Mediation Team Arcane mage
I agree completely and I have already started to stock the spell power ones, however I would strongly advise we hold of on using them until patch 1.7

As of right now flaks go away when you die after the next patch that will change.
-- 
Bring a mage to a tank fight.

Tygranaric
Default Avatar
You know the best bit? This new hand? It's a FIGHTIN hand!
I can make the Flask of the Titans. As well as the mongoose elixir.

Gwen
quote:
Originally posted by Thalin:
<snip>
Healers:

Flask of Distilled Wisdom

<snip>

requires:
- Dreamfoil (30)
- Icecap (10)
- Black Lotus
- Crystal Vial

Where is dreamfoil commonly found?
To buy all the mats from AH could cost a fortune.

Thalin
actually you can buy dreamfoil right now at the faire in copious ammounts for very cheap!
-- 
*the wheelchair*

Skor_Taran
Default Avatar
NE Hunter 225 FR 300 Enchanter 300 Dragonscale Leatherworker
quote:
Seems like a good idea, once we're confident enough to give Rag a good fight. Flasks can be expensive and tedious to make, and if you die, so does the flask. =/

With 1.7 (I believe), they are making flasks last the full 2 hours, regardless of death. I know the change is coming but I'm not certain it's in 1.7.

Anyhow, I would advise against using flasks until this change does go through because, as noted, they are insanely expensive to make and it would suck to die and have it lost. Once the change goes through, however, we should begin to rely on them more and more. They are incredibly potent buffs that can make a huge difference.

I believe elixirs will also be lasting beyond death, but I'm not 100% certain of that.

Thalin
quote:
Originally posted by Epo:

Not using these could be a major reason we can't give rags a good fight eh?

If they are so expensive right now, and I too heard about them lasting through death soon, why dont we just make our them for our tanks and make mongooses for rogues and hunters? Maybe that can show us what a difference just using mongoose can do, as well as having the tank buffed.
-- 
*the wheelchair*

Plato
Default Avatar
Mediation Team Arcane mage
I actually posted on this very topic about a week ago. There is a link in my old post to a blue saying they will last through death after 1.7

P.S. While I support trying to use these items I would like to point out that like fire prot potions we should not be trying to find more crutches to last through the rag fight. Rag should be beatable even without any special tricks.
-- 
Bring a mage to a tank fight.

Thalin
quote:
Rag should be beatable even without any special tricks.

I'm not too sure I agree with this. Beatable maybe, ridiculously hard definitely. Take Magmadar for example, he can be beat without hunters but is it worth it? Now I know that this is an extreme example, but I do feel that Blizzard designs certain encounters around preparation. To say these are a crutch I just don't get, couldn't the same be said for Fire resist?
-- 
*the wheelchair*

Stormhole
Default Avatar
Bald guy
I'm told getting some night dragon's breath:

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=6414

And some of the blasted land buffs like lung
juice cocktails, gizzard gum etc.

Nightfin soup, the runn tunn tuber surprise
and the sunscale salmon would help too.

I'm also told that light of elune is somehting
that is not soulbound, can be obtained by night
elves, but is UNIQUE.

I think its unreasonable to ask the leads
to provide fire resistance potions each time.

Perhaps for the ragnaros sign up, get each
person to be personally responsible for
getting said potions and list them ?

Take for example mages:
have every mage who wants to be part
of the ragnaros attempt commit to getting:

1 flask of supreme power
6 great fire protection potions
1 cerebral cortex compound

Altenatively, instead of requiring each mage
to have all of this, factor what all they are
getting into the sign up selection.

In my opinion, those committed to getting Ragnaros down will not hesitate to go get these
each time. The fire potions are cheap, the quests for the blasted land buffs are
easy, and while the flasks are hard,
getting a couple per week is not that bad.

Finally, and most importantly, we are still not
getting the UBRS buff for fire resistance -
+83 fire resistance is huge !

I'm personally also of the opinion we should
be saving the head of Onyxia so that we turn
it in just before going to fight Ragnaros.

The sequence of buffs would be:

Clear Trash -> 30 minutes of 2 practice attempts

Followed by:

Portal SW -> Onyxia Buff -> UBRS buff

This will give use just one hour for taking
on Rags, but the attempts will be much more
solid overall.
-- 
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Stormhole

Daxton
Default Avatar
I can make Flask of the Titans.....Also you guys should remember that you can only have the effect of ONE flask on you at a time, so no Titans + Resistance.

Stormhole
Default Avatar
Bald guy
Can flasks stack with other potions ?
Magic resistance potions seem to do more
( +50 to resitances ) and cost much less.

While the duration is only 3 minutes vs.
the longer duration of flasks, 3 minutes
is good enough for the attack on the sons.
-- 
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Stormhole

Pages: 1 2