Raiding Forums Navigation Leftovers Information

LotRO discussion stuffs

This topic has 183 posts over 13 pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
sigsegv
Le Veteran des Guerres Psychiques
First misadventure in moria happened IN 21st - blarghing moria keg. I can understand getting sick of the underdark if that was all there was to endgame, especially after an endgame in angmar, but right now I'm in the "moria is fun" camp. As I told dul, it isn't quite what I imagined, but it is nevertheless a good take on the place within the context of the game.

-- 
My other car is a cdr.

Dulin
Marksman 4 Life - TAKIN' IT BACK
and you can follow the entire sequence of locations in the book pretty well - granted, you can't go out the east door of the Chamber of Mazarbul, but you can get to the other side of that blockage....

... fair warning: there's gredbyg. And not the fun, little ones, neither..
-- 
FIXME: http://i.imgur.com/dKZjT3D.png

kaeble
Default Avatar
Is that where you had to help me get to Dulin? That camp sucked to get to. I am really liking Mirkwood. Need to get over to the new area. Just need to finish the book quest in Mirkwood.
-- 
I have nothing.

Dulin
Yes. Yes it is.
-- 

sigsegv
Mordirith got the big reveal finally (Earnur), that at least explains a bit. But it was so long since his last appearance that Mordrambor is really the face of the franchise.

I would pay for a quick horse between the rivendell stables and Elrond's porch. Suppose it illustrates the fact that elves a) don't care about time and b) are snooty.

Why are we so worried about narchuil in the hands of a lesser servant? Another loose ring in the hands of the enemy is not good, but either you would be dealing with amarthiel or mordirith in angmar. The whole thing was an internal power struggle to see who got to be the witch king's puppet. Although knowing what powers mordy, and what comes later for his boss...
-- 
My other car is a cdr.

Dulin
quote:
Originally posted by sigsegv:
Why are we so worried about narchuil in the hands of a lesser servant?

Why worry about the bandits and orcs? Just because it's a lesser servant doesn't mean any good can come of that lesser servant amassing more power.
-- 

sigsegv
Not exactly what I meant - narchuil reforged in the hands of the enemy is a bad thing we have been trying desperately to prevent, although I am still not clear on the nature of its power. But considering all we really accomplished was to trade mordy for amar, then amar back again for mordy, it feels like we didn't advance much. I guess I'll see how the next chapter goes. We did develop a good hate for mordrambor and of course the personal story with laerdan, as frustrating as he and his hellspawn are.

I just don't see the overwhelming fear of amar w/narchuil conquering the north - mordy is clearly the more dangerous foe at the time (unless narm was just having a vader moment) and it is set up as an either/or. Of course we know his mana battery is going to dry up very soon for other reasons, but that is getting into future events.

-- 
My other car is a cdr.

judit
Tasty Cupcake AmbASSador.
i liked that story much more than some of moria :<

i think i dislike the lothlorien line the most though, the part that sends you back to moria to do the hall of mirrors.

that place is the satan for anyone with no logic and visual spatial skills ( = me)

i did manage to drag myself through the moria epic line for the second time though, and i think i enjoyed it more than as if i had had to do quests in random moria locations. :D
-- 
Charter Lead: Breakfast Club

Working busily on updating snappy character info. This shall serve as a placeholder for the time being.

"Someday, someone may make a movie of your life. Make sure it doesn't go straight to video."

kaeble
Default Avatar
quote:
Originally posted by judit:
i liked that story much more than some of moria :<

i think i dislike the lothlorien line the most though, the part that sends you back to moria to do the hall of mirrors.

that place is the satan for anyone with no logic and visual spatial skills ( = me)

i did manage to drag myself through the moria epic line for the second time though, and i think i enjoyed it more than as if i had had to do quests in random moria locations. :D

The Lothlorien line was ok although any time I go into Moria for anything. I start cussing. I think Dulin is going to mute me if I go back into Moria again. :P I am not a fan of doing skirmishes for the epic questlines but the one at the inn was pretty good. Just couldn't beat the fire element boss in there.
-- 
I have nothing.

Dulin
quote:
Originally posted by kaeble:
I am not a fan of doing skirmishes for the epic questlines but the one at the inn was pretty good.

I rather like the 'skirmishes as part of the epic questline' in Mirkwood. It lets you get through those sections solo if you need to, and also lets you do it in any size group you can manage to put together.

And the way the small skirmish bosses (lieutenants) can be radically different depending on group size (for those who haven't dealt with this, there's apparently a master list of lieutenants for 12-man, a subset for 6, a subset of that for 3, and a subset of that for solo skirmishes) just helps to convey the sense of 'so, you've been here on your own, and you brought friends to make it easier... you ain't seen anything yet!'
-- 

kaeble
Default Avatar
I will be more specific. I hated the skirmishes in Moria you had to do. So damn much running around and if you got lost, you lose it. Yes I get the Felada curse sometimes. :P The one I did at the Inn in Mirkwood was fun.
-- 
I have nothing.

sigsegv
I was thinking it would end up similar to other epic books where we just uncover a villain to fight in an associated instance (for example, the red maid and ivar in book 2 or thorog in book 5), but the final chapter and epilogue gives redemption to the characters involved, and the story itself. Helps that it replaced a ring and breastplate for me as well. On the other hand, the destruction of narchuil was unconvincing and a letdown. And narm herself is worse than legolas with the leroy-ing.
-- 
My other car is a cdr.

sigsegv
Foundations of stone = yuck.
-- 
My other car is a cdr.

kaeble
Default Avatar
quote:
Originally posted by sigsegv:
Foundations of stone = yuck.

That was the worst area of Moria. I didn't stay long. I still have to do the runekeeper quest there in the instance. One of these days I will finish it.
-- 
I have nothing.

Dulin
I agree. Did not like Foundations of Stone at all.
-- 

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13